Outdoor Wedding Venue Los Angeles
A wedding is a pure celebration of romantic love, and such a special occasion deserves an extraordinary venue. With our immaculate grounds and proximity to the Angeles National Forest, Middle Ranch Lodge is one of the most stunning outdoor wedding venues in Southern California. Whether you dream of a sophisticated garden wedding or a rustic woodsy ceremony, our sprawling equestrian ranch is the perfect setting for you to celebrate your nuptials.
At Middle Ranch, you have access to our manicured gardens, untamed forests, and panoramic mountain views. Our unique location provides a stunning backdrop to bring your wedding ceremony to life. We give you full access to both our interior and exterior event spaces so you can customize the venue to perfectly complement your wedding plans and theme.
Why Move Your Wedding Outdoors
With the breathtaking views and natural surroundings, it should come as no surprise that outdoor wedding venues are trending in California. As it stands, only 33 percent of today’s wedding ceremonies and receptions are held in a religious institution, and this percentage continues to decline. What’s more, 25 percent of couples now choose to adventure away from home in order to host a destination wedding.
For couples tying the knot in the Golden State, the gorgeous and varied landscapes of Southern California make it particularly easy to have a spectacular outdoor wedding ceremony. Whether you choose to wed near a lush forest or a blooming garden, you will love the elegance nature lends to the occasion. Since nature will do much of the heavy lifting, you can save time and money decorating the event space. More importantly, you will have plenty of space for all of your guests—allowing you to go big or small.
How to Create the Perfect Outdoor Wedding Ceremony
Having an outdoor ceremony requires a certain amount of planning to keep everyone comfortable and happy. To help you get started, here are our tips for creating a perfect outdoor ceremony:
- Weather. No matter the season, it’s important to account for weather conditions during your outdoor ceremony. Prioritize shade in the summer months and ensure that your venue provides a Lodge or another warm escape during the colder months of the year. Having access to an indoor event space will also give you a convenient back-up plan in case of inclement weather.
- Sound. The great outdoors often comes with plenty of background noises. Renting a quality sound system will be well worth the expense if it allows everyone to clearly hear you say your vows.
- Dress. Plan on wind by selecting dresses made from heavier fabrics that won’t blow around, and talk to your hairstylist about styles that will survive the breeze without looking messy.
- Guests. Do what you can to keep your guests comfortable—no matter the weather. Make it clear that you will be holding an outdoor ceremony on your invitations so guests can dress accordingly. For a summer wedding, make water readily available and consider providing paper fans alongside your wedding program.
- Refreshments. Keep guests happy by giving them the opportunity to partake in pre-ceremony refreshments. Talk to your caterer about the best outdoor food selections. Your bartender should also offer guests more than just alcohol. Provide a variety of drinks, including water and tea, so that guests don’t feel dehydrated under the California sun.
- Decorations. While nature will provide much of the decor, a decorated arch or trellis provides necessary structure in an outdoor space. In addition to rows of chairs, use decorations to create an eye-catching and functional aisle. Use lights, flower petals, or lanterns to frame the walkway.
- Location. You want your ceremony space to lend beauty and elegance to your nuptials. Tour the venue and scout out a picture-perfect location on the grounds for you to set up your ceremony. You may even want to coordinate with your photographer in choosing a spot that will give you the best photos.
Planning a wedding can be an intimidating process, but proper preparation truly makes all the difference once your wedding day arrives. One of the best things about outdoor event spaces is that they are truly customizable. With the right decor and planning, you can transform the space to capture the unique vision you have for your wedding.
We only book one event each day at Middle Ranch Lodge. Couples enjoy individualized attention and privacy when they choose to exchange vows on our grounds. In the event that the weather foils your outdoor wedding plans, we can move your ceremony into our charming Lodge.
What to Know About Outdoor Wedding Photography
Saying “I do” is a moment worth remembering, and wedding photography is key to visually documenting such precious moments. When you want to look back at truly stunning images, the great outdoors is a picture-perfect backdrop for wedding photos. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of outdoor wedding photography:
- Hire a professional. Your wedding photos should not be left to chance. A professional photographer has the know-how to produce beautifully rendered images. Hire someone with plenty of experience shooting outdoors.
- Make a timeline. Timing is everything when it comes to making use of natural light. Work with your photographer to schedule your wedding, reception, and photo session at times when the lighting is best.
- Scout the location. Give your photographer time to scout the location before the wedding. Afterward, they will be able to suggest ceremony sites and even tell you what direction you should face as you say “I do.”
- Opt for wide-angle lenses. You chose to marry outside because you wanted to take advantage of the spectacular scenery. Wide-angle lenses ensure shots that fully capture the landscape around you. Work with your photographer to identify locations around your venue that will make for the best photos.
When all is said and done, you should walk away from your wedding with joy in your heart and beautiful memories to look back on. Couples that choose to exchange their vows at Middle Ranch are able to take advantage of the woodsy backdrop of the forest, the amazing blooms in the gardens, and the stunning mountain scenery. Visit our grounds yourself and start planning picture-perfect moments today.
If you are touring outdoor wedding venues in Los Angeles, then add Middle Ranch Lodge to your shortlist. Contact us today to learn more about our 650-acre equestrian ranch or book a tour and see it for yourself.